Greetings in Luchazi

 


1. Cimene = Morning.
2. Mutana = Afternoon.
3. Cinguezi/manguezi = Evening.
4. Ua hinduka vati? = How are you? /Good morning?
5. Nja hinduka muacili = I am fine.
6. Uli vati? = How are you?
7. Njili muacili = I am fine.
8. Mua hinduka vati?(polite/plural) = How are you? Good morning?
9. Tua hinduka muacili = I am fine/we are fine.
10. Muli vati?(polite/plural) = How are you?
11. Tuli muacili = I am fine/we are fine.
12. Yange uno = I am fine/here am I.
13. Yetu vano (polite/plural) = I am fine/we are fine or here am I.
14. Mitende yenu = My regards.
Note: Some Ngangela speaking people have directly translated and modified the greetings as follows:
15. Cimene ca cili = Good morning.
16. Mutana ua cili = Good afternoon.
17. Cinguezi ca cili = Good evening.
18. Vutsiki vua cili = Good night.
Other important words are:
19. Hinduisa = greet
20. Meneka = greet/early.
21. Sambelela = greet/welcome a guest upon arrival cordially.
22. Menekela = pay an early visit.
23. Hinduka = wake up/arise.
24. Cihindu = well-being/good health.
26. Andama = sojourn/social interaction.
27. Mu kose muacili = sleep well/good night.
28. Moyo uenu = best wishes.
29. Yoyenu = live well/friendly greeting.
NB: Luchazi language is very rich in pronouns and many of these are difficult to translate according to European grammatical systems. Please feel free to contribute by dropping a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human internal organs in Luchazi

Luchazi Grammar

Human body features in Luchazi